In my life there are many issues (depression, stress, ADHD, ADD, Autism, Physical disabilities, etc.), but I hope that I can bring hope to others that have to deal with their own issues. From one person that is suffering with mental illness, I hope to break free of my dark cloud to offer help to others.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

work thoughts

I hate being 'that girl'....you know, the one at work that calls-in-for-everything-can't-rely-on-always-has-issues type of person at work. I don't mean to be. I am sick a lot, but I think with my conversion disorder diagnosis it gave us more of a clue why. Yes, I have an emotional tough life right now. I can't help it. My life has never been emotionally easy, I am sure no one's has. I am just more honest about it. If I didn't open up like I do at work then I would carry around a burden that just might break me one of these days. Forgive if lying to make others feel more comfortable, but sacrifice my own health, is not on the top of my list of things to do. However, since I am 'that girl' no one wants to make friends with me or if I have an issue at work no one takes me seriously. This is just wrong. I feel really discrimnated againest at work. I am not even sure why. It seems as if no one there likes me. However, this could just be my unstable personality that is coming up with thoughts like this. How do you truly know if someone likes you or not? I suppose asking them might work, but who (besides myself) is ever honest about things like that. I like just about everybody. I like to think that I am a likeable person...

No comments: