In my life there are many issues (depression, stress, ADHD, ADD, Autism, Physical disabilities, etc.), but I hope that I can bring hope to others that have to deal with their own issues. From one person that is suffering with mental illness, I hope to break free of my dark cloud to offer help to others.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Things are changing

A lot has happened today. My husband finally decided to call the doctor about his ADD and get help. Although, without me here at home, he got distracted and forgot. I will be home on vacation for a week so I will remind him then. I swear it is like another child. Adam is going to be having a sleep apnea test done next week. Let's just jot one more thing on the list of problems with him. I have been called to speak to my bosses at work about four times now in the past couple of months about my body order. I take a shower and stuff but one of my medication makes me sweat more then usual. I have tried many things so now my doctor prescribe a rx deorandant. I hope it works for my sake and my coworkers. I don't understand how things can keep going wrong. Right now at this very moment I am flipping out because Lizzy was hanging out the window today. (the screens are broken) I hope no one saw this and calls DCFS. I am always scared of them. Dan bolted the window shut so that now that can't even get it open. Thank god! Someone could have gotten seriously hurt. Even with my fear of DCFS I should probarbly not being putting my thoughts down here, but if I don't I will explode. Hasn't someone esle's kid ever done anything crazy and you were scared about someone intervening. The problem with being a parent today is that most parents live in fear. You can't even spank your kids without worrying about what is going to happen. Living with anxiety issues, does not help the matter. I am freaking out!!!

2 comments:

Erin Woods said...

I honestly think the fear of DCFS comes from being close to someone who has had to deal with them or witnessing other people lose their children. Working at SVA for three years made me think about it all the time. I even called them on a few people (believe me, it was justified). But being close to someone that has had to deal with DCFS issues or something similar makes you question your own parenting skills. It's normal, at least I hope it is. Regardless, you are not alone. And the screen issue, you took care of it ASAP. A parent that doesn't give a crap about their children (re: a parent that deserves to have someone called on them) would have let the problem go unsolved. You are a good mother doing the best you can with the issues you face every day. Stand strong and be proud of the wonderful woman you are. :)

Brandon said...

I caught my son peeing out of the second floor window when he was younger. I was surprised we didn't have the cops called about that! Sometimes you get lucky.